Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching and whether you’re rooting for the San Francisco 49’ers or the Kansas City Chiefs, or just looking for an excuse to have a party, Catering Works has some tips and tricks for throwing a smooth and stress free party.
Getting into the Spirit with Theme and Decor - Stock up on disposable cups and paper plates in a football theme or go for your team’s colors. Cover your buffet table with a paper field runner. A party supply store should have plenty of options.
The Game isn’t the Only Entertainment - Add some entertainment with Super Bowl party games—even if you have guests who aren’t really into the game, they can still have a great time. You’ll want to have games that are easy and multiple people can play. There are plenty of printable signs or cards for different games. Try Rate the Super Bowl Commercial and have guests can rate how well they liked the commercials on a scale of 1-5. There’s also Super Bowl Bingo that will have everyone watching closely for epic touchdown dances, shirtless fans, cheerleaders, celebrities, and more! For the kids try free printable football-themed coloring pages and supply a few soft, foam mini footballs to toss around.
Organization Before and During the Party is key to keeping everything running like a well-oiled machine.
- Before you stock up on supplies try to clear out some room in your fridge a few days before the party.
- Start cleaning house two days before so you can devote the day before to rearrange and prep food, and the day of to set up and decorate.
- Prep as much as possible the night before so everything has a chance to chill in the fridge.
- Since guests will be in and out of their seats, create a comfy game-viewing area with open seating. Toss in some throw pillows and floor cushions wherever people might take a seat.
- Set up a beverage station with a variety of beer on ice and a pitcher or punch bowl of a signature cocktail. Be sure to offer non-alcoholic choices for guests who don’t drink and for the kids such as water, iced tea, lemonade, punch etc.
- Set up a separate food station/buffet for appetizers, entrees and desserts to keep the flow moving avoid any traffic jams at the buffet.
- Make trash bins accessible so guest can clean up after themselves as they go.
- ALWAYS keep stain removers on hand for the inevitable spills.
- Prepare easy, perfect-for-sharing dishes like chili or nachos. Now is a good time to utilize your crockpot to make cooking easier and keep hot items hot.
- Amazingly, if you do find yourself with leftovers, send people home with them so they won’t go to waste.
- Enjoy your party and take lots of memorable pics!